Met. Joseph's Letter on 3/17/2020
Met. Joseph's Pastoral Letter Re.-Covid-19 on 3/24/2020
Met. Joseph's Guidance to Clergy Re.Covid-19 on 3/6/2020
CHAIRMAN'S LETTER TO THE PARISH
March 20, 2020
Greetings in the Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ!
The parish council convened for a special meeting last night, Thursday March 19, 2020, to address Met. Joseph's letter on March 17, 2020 (attached with this letter), and to discuss the national and state of emergencies due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Met. Joseph stated in his letter that:
1. Beginning today, all parishes are instructed to cancel all non-liturgical, in-person activities including schools, business meetings, and social functions.
2. All liturgical services will be served with only clergy, servers, and chanters. No liturgical service can total more than ten persons.
4. Priests are instructed to limit services to only the Akathist/Medayeh and Sunday Orthros & Divine Liturgy as well as the liturgy for the Annunciation on March 25th as outlined by the Department of Liturgics.
These instructions leave us with Fr. Leonard, two alter boys, one server at the Marida, and six chanters during the allowed services.
Therefore, if you wish to serve as an alter boy, please contact Fr. Leonard at (978) 204-9311, and if you wish to serve at the Marida, please contact me at (978) 866-0288. The choir will rotate their own members. The doors will be locked during services. If you wish to receive communion, please contact Fr. Leonard.
Met. Joseph also stated that:
3. Churches should remain open during the week as much as possible for people to offer individual prayers and light candles.
Fr. Leonard is available to open the church to any parishioner wishing to come for confession or to pray and light candles.
We are gladly proceeding to work on Met. Joseph’s encouragement to take advantage of the technology at our disposal to live stream the divine services and offer education to the faithful:
5. All parishes are encouraged to take advantage of the technology at our disposal to livestream the divine services and offer education to the faithful.
The church as whole is going through a trial time but be assured that at the end it will be triumphant by fasting and prayers, by the power of the Cross, and by the Body and Blood of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Remember that we are all here to help and serve each other. You will be kept informed once we have updates during this fluid situation and uncharted territory.
God bless you all and keep you safe!
Parish Council Chairman